I recently learned that you can cook a whole chicken in the crock pot! With NO water or other liquid! Maybe I am a bit late on this breaking news but there is no way I could not share this with you. Hoping there is a "you" out there anyways!!
What you need:
1 Whole Chicken 4 to 5 pounds
Olive Oil
Paprikia
Fresh Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Spray the inside of your crock pot with non stick spray. Rinse and dry your thawed chicken and remove the insides. Lightly coat with your favorite oil. Add your favorite seasonings or those listed above. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. You will know its done when the chicken is about to fall off the bone. Remove from crock pot and serve how ever you like.
I went a step further and made chicken stock while using the bones, skin remaining juices and by adding 5 cups of water. I cooked that all night from about 6pm til 8am the following day. Once I strained all the bones and what not out of the broth I then went onto using the stock for chicken noodle soup which was also made in the crock pot.
Photo taken by my not so smart non smart phone :)
It was really the cheapest, quickest and yummiest meal/s we have made in quite some time! Leave a comment to me know if you try it!

No comments:
Post a Comment